• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Independent Contractor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Aradia81

texas. i am currently an apprentice, afterwards i will be an independent contractor. i have signed no contracts. if i decide to leave the company am i allowed to inform my clients i have my own business

JETX

As long as your 'contacts' are not gained from your current 'employers' customer list, it should be okay. However, you need to consider that if you were to benefit from your employers customer list, that could make you susceptible for 'trade secret' or theft of the list.

A

Animal_Crackers

Aradia81, place an ad in the local newspaper and/or do a small story with the newspaper about you opening a new business. If the clients follow, then you are covered through the public ads you placed. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">