• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

afraid to sleep

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yessy

What is the name of your state? California

My husband's ex has her boyfriend following us home and driving around our street. He doesn't even live near us. He was alone the time we saw him but knew exactly where we live and stops in front of our home. I am afraid something will happen. I have his plate number just in case. Is there something i can do like call the police or make a report or something? He tried talking to her about it but she hangs up or has the children involved. Help...:rolleyes:

JETX

"Is there something i can do like call the police or make a report or something?"
*** You could contact the police and make a suspicious vehicle report, but the actions you describe are not illegal.

dequeendistress

Call the police, report the facts and see if they will pursue harrassment/stalking charges.

There are many websites for stalking victims, I would suggest a search using google for example.

You may also want to do a search on harrassment and stalking for your state laws specifications.

There would need to be repeated behavior and actual threats would need to be documented and forwarded to the police as well.

In the least you can call him in to the police as a suspicious vehicle and see if that deters him.

Sorry JETX did not see your reply.

The It

If he starts showing up at other places where you are, it may be considered stalking and you might be able to file an anti-stalking petition with the DA. Ask your local police what line has to be crossed before it is considered stalking.

Also, take pictures and make accurate notes of each encounter.

sorry, dequeendistress, I did not see your reply..

Last edited:

JETX

"The described course of conduct does not meet the definition of stalking as previously pointed out."
*** Yep, and the reason I didn't mention it.

:)

yessy

:D thank you guys this really helps i'm gonna carry a camera in my purse at all times i missed out many times. i'm not going to let this guy mess me up. really appreaciate it

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">