• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Waiting for the government

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bjs1fan

What is the name of your state? New York
It is going on 2 years since my father passed away this coming december. His sister my aunt contested the will then appealed the judges decision and lost and is totally out of it now. I have signed all of the papers and everything now I am waiting for the government to release the money. All of my fathers businesses in New York have been liquidated which included car dealerships, computer retail stores,apartment buildings, and his home and belongings. I asked my friend who deals with wills and probate how long now will i have to wait for the government and he said he cant give me a answer it can be anytime so if anyone knows how long this will take and can let me know that would be great. Im also wondering since everything has been liquidated has the government taken out their share for the estate tax probably yet? I need money desperately and I do not want to take out a loan since the release of the money to me is getting closer. So if anyone can respond that would be great. One last thing is their anyway of getting the government to speed up the release of the money?

Dandy Don

You didn't mention what agency of the government is holding your money. How do you expect US to know? Is it a state agency or county court or exactly who is it? Can't the attorneys who helped you with this case give you any information about it?

B

bjs1fan

its a state agency my lawyer said he doesnt know when they r to be releasing it. how long does a state agency take usually to release it and would u say they have taken out the share becuz i have been told a set amount on how much im getting.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">