• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sapecki

What is the name of your state? California
I am military living in California with spouse who is not military. My domicile is Texas (homestate). We want to get a quick divorce and found out that we can get a 4 - 6 week divorce in Guam for areasonable cost. CALIFORNIA CODES FAMILY.CODE
SECTION 2090-2093 states: 2091. A divorce obtained in another jurisdiction shall be of no force or effect in this state if both parties to the marriage were domiciled in this state at the time the proceeding for the divorce was commenced. Section 2092 describes what domiciled is and 2093 describes that California will rocognize divorces from other jurisdictions.
My question is , can we get a divorce in Guam while living in California and have the divorce valid in California since I am not domiciled in California?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">