• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sammy03

What is the name of your state? south dakota
i live in a home that is fully paid for and owned by my families trust. i have the home up for sale and plan on moving into a higher priced home. i will need to take out a motgage to pay for the remainder of the new home and my new home must stay in the trust.
so is it possible to even have a mortgage on a house that is owned by the trust, and further more can i take out a mortgage on a home that is not legally owned by me??any other options:confused:

nextwife

Financing a home owned by a trust is more complicated, as many secondary market mortgage investors won't do them. You may be able to personally be "co-borrower" on the property, and, of course, the trustee must agree to all this!

Are the trust assets held in a particular bank? Check and see if that bank has a private lending area for preferred customers that can do a portfolio loan for you. This is not a deal where the loan can necessarily be shopped and underwritten by a dot com mortgage lender. Call around and ask if they will finance a property owned by a trust. My guess is that it will need to be a portfolio loan. Try local banks. Look for a loan that need not be sold off. The rate will likely be somewhat higher.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">