• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

restraining orders

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

laurale

What is the name of your state? Ohio

My ex- has threatened to get a restraining order to prevent me from contacting him with anything except scheduling issues about our children. This is because he won't discuss matters regarding the children's welfare with me as our decree orders, and I leave him phone messages or send him written notices regarding the children. He is accusing me of harrassment. These are not excessive and only relate to the welfare of the children, their schedules, and their needs. I have made no threats nor have I used any disrespectful or accusatory language with him...only requests and information. I work at the school his live in's daughter attends and she has threatened to go to the school board and have me kept away from her daughter, who I only see in passing. Do they have any grounds for a restraining order, and do I have any recourse for the harrassment and lack of adherance to the decree? I really can't afford another court battle.

2timearound

i would try and not contact him for awhile. He can say anything that he wants to to get a order i would then try and send one other letter certified return asking him to go to mediation so that these issues could be resolved. If he is carring the health insurance etc then you could go back to court and file a non compicance order depending on what your decree says that he is to. Has the daughter been the one saying she would go to the board or the live in. As long as you have no real contact with the girl in school keep it that way even go out of you way if possiable to walk the other way when you see her. I stinks for now. In the mean time try and contcat a lawyer that will do a free 1/2 meeting and find out more of what your state law says about restraing orders

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">