• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Telemarketers and my Cell Phone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JoshuaDHarp

What is the name of your state? OH

I got a call from a company based in Las Vegas on my cell phone the other night.

They informed me it was a courtesy call and that I was entered to win $50,000.00.

I told them that this was a cell phone, he said, Oh I did not know, well since I have you on the phone I will continue.

I was so mad that I said a few things and hung up the phone. After getting my common sense back I tried calling the number back to get a busy signal.

I tried this morning and I got through, but it goes to a machine saying "You have reached customer service, we will call you back"

From what I understand of US Code Title 47 Chapter 5 Subchater II Part I Section 277 Part 3 B

an action to recover for actual monetary loss from such a violation, or to receive $500 in damages for each such violation, whichever is greater, or

am I able to collect for this type of call. If so, what do I need to do.

I am not a lawyer or involved in law in any way. This person has called more than once, the other times, we got disconnected when I picked up the phone.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Joshua Harp

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">