• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking tickets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tickets@2

I live in NC, but received a parking ticket at a state park in California. What are the problems with not paying it? I did not see a "No Parking" sign. I ride a 2001 Goldwing and parked where the white lines are at the end of a line of cars. Not to keep from walking any distance to the front, but to hopefully protect my gear that I could not lock up in a non-existent trunk. Thanks for your help,

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tickets@2 said:
I live in NC, but received a parking ticket at a state park in California. What are the problems with not paying it? I did not see a "No Parking" sign. I ride a 2001 Goldwing and parked where the white lines are at the end of a line of cars. Not to keep from walking any distance to the front, but to hopefully protect my gear that I could not lock up in a non-existent trunk. Thanks for your help,

My response:

Pay the ticket fine. If you don't, we will hunt you down, and dog you until the day you die. Our Governor is the "Terminator" - - so don't screw with us.

IAAL

T

tickets@2

:eek: I just watched T-3 and guess that I am shaking in my boots now! Not that I don't want to spend the $44.00 on top of the fee to get in the park, but why not a warning ticket or posted signs.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tickets@2 said:
:eek: I just watched T-3 and guess that I am shaking in my boots now! Not that I don't want to spend the $44.00 on top of the fee to get in the park, but why not a warning ticket or posted signs.

My response:

Wasn't that a ridiculous movie? It's a lesson in "How to Stretch a Premise Beyond the Breaking Point".

Anyway, California doesn't issue "Warning" tickets for parking. When the Meter Reader starts writing, we mean business.

If you don't pay the fine, your license may be suspended. We have "reciprocity" between the States. So, don't screw with us. I really meant that!

IAAL

HomeGuru

tickets@2 said:

**A: if there were more signs, then more expense for sign manufacturing and most people would abide by them thus resulting in less parking ticket issuances which in turn results in less fines collected and a drop in income for the state. It's all about money. I can't wait to see T-4.

T

tickets@2

Thanks for your help, but the ticket will keep me from spending several hundred dollars next time when/if visiting the state of California again. Guess I do plan on coming back to visit....the state has some gorgeous scenery and most of the people we had the fortune of meeting were nice. Just think it was pretty sorry of the Parks & Recreation officer to issue my husband and I tickets when we weren't blocking any traffic and paying out money to visit the "Hearst Castle" and shop. Oh well, guess people from CA would feel the same way if they got a ticket here. I really liked the first Terminator, but as with most sequels, they sort of go down hill. Hope all that replied have a wonderful "Thanksgiving"!

Son of Slam

tickets@2 said:
Just think it was pretty sorry of the Parks & Recreation officer to issue my husband and I tickets when we weren't blocking any traffic and paying out money to visit the "Hearst Castle" and shop.

Hearst Castle is the ONLY State park in California that operates in the black. All other California State parks are backed with tax money. The officer was not "sorry", he was resourceful.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">