• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

non compete-agreement for an s-corp owners

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Logik1

Illinois,

I have a question, We started a company with 3 other guys, we do computer consulting. I want to make sure that no one is doing jobs on the side. Is there an aggrement that allows us to take appropriate action, by which I mean TERMINATION if the other partner is found to be doing side jobs ?

If anyone has an answer for me, please either respond here or send me an email at [email protected]

thanks in advance...

L

Logik1

please

could you be more specific as far as how it works ?
I'm really new to this, thanks

Luke

divgradcurl

Non-compete agreements are very state-specific. Furthermore, whether you can outright "terminate" someone for violating such an agreemnt will depend on the nature of the company and the position held by the person you wish to terminate -- a partner, for example, would need to be bought out -- you can't just fire a partner in a partnership...

You really should discuss this with a lawyer familiar with the rules of your local area who can also review all of the facts concerning your company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">