• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I posses a gun or be a cop ect.?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

egilmore

What is the name of your state? Ohio

About 6 years ago I was arrested for threatening of domestic violence, after spending some time in jail I finaly pled guily to the charge (not knowing the ramifacations) just to get out of jail. By the way the charge was bogus but being in jail I didn't have the money for a lawyer. Anyway now I'm wanting to posibly become a US Marshal or an FBI agent and have been told that with a domestic violence charge on my record I cold not posses or buy a firearm. Since my arrest I have aplied to buy a gun and was aproved. The domestic is an M4 domestic violence not an M1. I have scoured the internet to find out if the M4 DV bars me from possessing a gun and can't find anything that clearly states so. Everything says stuff like "if you have a qualifying domestic violence charge". So is an M4 DV a qualifying charge to prevent me from possessing a gun? I even called the US Marshals to ask them and they don't even know. Does anybody have a clue?

Son of Slam

egilmore said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio

About 6 years ago I was arrested for threatening of domestic violence, after spending some time in jail I finaly pled guily to the charge (not knowing the ramifacations) just to get out of jail. By the way the charge was bogus but being in jail I didn't have the money for a lawyer. Anyway now I'm wanting to posibly become a US Marshal or an FBI agent and have been told that with a domestic violence charge on my record I cold not posses or buy a firearm. Since my arrest I have aplied to buy a gun and was aproved. The domestic is an M4 domestic violence not an M1. I have scoured the internet to find out if the M4 DV bars me from possessing a gun and can't find anything that clearly states so. Everything says stuff like "if you have a qualifying domestic violence charge". So is an M4 DV a qualifying charge to prevent me from possessing a gun? I even called the US Marshals to ask them and they don't even know. Does anybody have a clue?

A US Marshal or an FBI agent would be expected to have a higher IQ than someone who could go down without a good fight. There are many ways to acquire a gun and a shield to practice with until they can appreciate your abilities.

E

egilmore

Re: Re: Can I posses a gun or be a cop ect.?

Son of Slam said:
A US Marshal or an FBI agent would be expected to have a higher IQ than someone who could go down without a good fight. There are many ways to acquire a gun and a shield to practice with until they can appreciate your abilities.
Not what I would call a helpfull answer. But thanks anyway.

HomeGuru

Also those specific Federal agencies require an individual to spell properly and have a proper education.

E

egilmore

HomeGuru said:
Also those specific Federal agencies require an individual to spell properly and have a proper education.
What is that supposed to mean? I posted here thinking I would get some intelligent responses not someone stuck on themself wanting to throw insults around. As far as spelling, well if a couple of missed key strokes means I can't spell and am poorly educated then get a life and go find another boar to taught your wisdom on.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

egilmore said:
What is that supposed to mean?

MY RESPONSE: It means we think you're an idiot, whose sights are are set way too high, and that you're better off being a garbage collector. That's all it means.

I can't spell and am poorly educated then get a life and go find another boar to taught your wisdom on.

MY RESPONSE: "Another boar to taught"? What the hell does that mean?

IAAL

HomeGuru

egilmore said:
What is that supposed to mean? I posted here thinking I would get some intelligent responses

**A: my response was intelliigent indeed.

not someone stuck on themself wanting to throw insults around.

**A: I was giving you a reality check.
As far as spelling, well if a couple of missed key strokes means I can't spell

**A: you did not miss keystrokes, you spelled the words incorrectly because you are ignorant and do not know any better. There is a big difference between the two.

and am poorly educated

**A: now that's one thing we can all agree on.
then get a life

**A: I have a life, a very good life, In fact, in some cases I work with the Feds including the FBI and the other agencies.
and go find another boar to taught your wisdom on.

**A: does that mean you are calling yourself an undomesticated pig?

E

egilmore

****ing sad. This is a board that is supposed to have lawyers with high ethics and instead it has children who love the anonymity forums have to offer so they can act like they're so smart and so tough. You idiots act like little teenagers whose only goal is to find any little flaw about someone who posts and put them down in an attempt to make yourselves feel better because your pathetic existence depends on it.

I asked a simple question and instead of getting an intelligent answer I get this crap. If anyone that responded to me is a lawyer then it is no wonder that so many people think lawyers are scum.

HomeGuru

egilmore said:
****ing sad. This is a board that is supposed to have lawyers with high ethics and instead it has children who love the anonymity forums have to offer so they can act like they're so smart and so tough. You idiots act like little teenagers whose only goal is to find any little flaw about someone who posts and put them down in an attempt to make yourselves feel better because your pathetic existence depends on it.

I asked a simple question and instead of getting an intelligent answer I get this crap. If anyone that responded to me is a lawyer then it is no wonder that so many people think lawyers are scum.
**A: I disagree, but thank you anyway for writing.

E

egilmore

HomeGuru said:
egilmore said:
What is that supposed to mean? I posted here thinking I would get some intelligent responses

**A: my response was intelliigent indeed.

not someone stuck on themself wanting to throw insults around.

**A: I was giving you a reality check.
As far as spelling, well if a couple of missed key strokes means I can't spell

**A: you did not miss keystrokes, you spelled the words incorrectly because you are ignorant and do not know any better. There is a big difference between the two.

and am poorly educated

**A: now that's one thing we can all agree on.
then get a life

**A: I have a life, a very good life, In fact, in some cases I work with the Feds including the FBI and the other agencies.

If you have such a great life then why do you feel the need to try and insult someone instead of answering the question?

Well look there a missed key stroke, "boar". I meant board, but maybe I did mean boar, I don't know I'm too stupid to tell. God I wish I possessed your perfection. A forum full of adults and those that responded act like teenage punks. What's really sad is that I'm willing to put money down that I am more intelligent than you. Oh and here is a revelation for you. Most people today have computers that have spellcheckers in almost every application. So most, including myself, have become dependent on those and don't bother checking their spelling in places it isn't done automatically. If you think intelligence is determined by your ability to spell every word correctly then maybe you need to go back to school and learn some logic and reasoning skills, while you're there learn about quantum theories and some physics, pick up your highest level math and then get as much biology as you can. Then you can come to me and talk about intelligence.

E

egilmore

Is there anyone on this board who can just simply answer my question?

HomeGuru

egilmore said:
Is there anyone on this board who can just simply answer my question?
**A: no one is going to help you now given your crap ass attitude toward a senior member of this website forum. So please leave eggmore or you'll get more egg on ya face.

E

egilmore

HomeGuru said:
**A: no one is going to help you now given your crap ass attitude toward a senior member of this website forum. So please leave eggmore or you'll get more egg on ya face.
My attitude! You as a so called senior member should have been the one to just simply answer my question. Instead you choose to try an insult me based on some misspellings. If anyone has the poor attitude and should leave, it is you, your high senior master. Let me now bow at your feet to make you feel even more superior. And egg on their face, well your the idiot that thinks intelligence is summed up in ones ability to never misspell a word. Sorry souls like yours are what keeps the world spinning. All hale HomGuru. Teach me Master. Your are truly a sorry and pathetic individual.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Ok, Eric Gilmore from Ohio. Shall I post your criminal record and your personal information or will you leave this website?

E

egilmore

HomeGuru said:
Ok, Eric Gilmore from Ohio. Shall I post your criminal record and your personal information or will you leave this website?
Ok. Well if you have it then post it. I don't care, everything is over 7 years old with the exception of the DV. Is that supposed to scare me? If you are someone who thinks someone can't change and learn from their past then you need some true help. Also since you now have me trembling in my boots, please show everyone here just what kind of God you are. What I mean is, you don't have my record, if you did I wouldn't care but you don't. You see I know that in order to properly pull up ones record you need their S.S.N. and since you don't have mine and their are like 5 Eric Gilmore's in Ohio, you probably don’t have the right one. So go ahead and post it all mighty!!

Now can someone please just answer my question?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">