• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Iaal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gottaask

What is the name of your state?

Thank you for again for your time night before last. If you've read my latest edition to the thread we were on, you'll see I'm following your very much appreciated instructions.

Again IAAL, thank you. It means ( and helps ) a lot.

:)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

gottaask said:
What is the name of your state?

Thank you for again for your time night before last. If you've read my latest edition to the thread we were on, you'll see I'm following your very much appreciated instructions.

Again IAAL, thank you. It means ( and helps ) a lot.

:)

My response:

Okay. You're welcome.

IAAL

D

dyinginside

Not trying to hijack this thread but it is directed at a person whose advice i prefer.

I was wondering what might come of this.
I made a report to the police of something and an officer says that the prosecuting att. is going to entertain the case and will investigate.
I am pretty much figuring that it means they are going to try and get this person. I dont get what they are going to investigate though.
See, it is something that happened along time ago but ,here a law was passed in 1988 that there is no stats of lim on child molestation and abuse if it happened after jan1 88. It happened before and after and in two diff counties. Anyhow Im just wondering why and what they have to investigate as it isnt going on now or recently and if there is any chance anything will even happen to him.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
They'll investigate whether what you claim happened actually happened and whether there is any proof of it. Just because you say it did isn't enough to prosecute - there needs to be proof and enough of it to justify taking it to court.

D

dyinginside

So would a document dated back in1992 stating he admitted to it be enough?

See,I cant remember exactly who the document was from. All I know is that alongtime ago he admitted to it and was documented and I(my monther) had the option for me to go to court or something and back then she said no(skank) "cause she didnt want to put me through that".

I told the officer about it so maybe thats what they are trying to find.I know I almost freaked out when I was there.While writing my report, the officer holds out a picture and asks me if this is the guy. As my heart almost flew out of my body and I got chills I said "uhhhhhhh....huhhhhhh that him".
Then the officer sat down and told me that even if he gets arrested and charged and all that I should sue him. Then he went on to say he doesnt like sueing people usually but this guy definately deserves it. He said some weird word to do with sueing mono-something . I told him Im not out for money, just justice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">