• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who gets his things??? No will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

deelytful1

What is the name of your state? subject died in NEW YORK

My son's dad (Jared) died 2 weeks ago. We were never married and my son is his ONLY child (he's 4). Jared had an old car and a bunch of things in a storage unit (TV, Stereo, computer...etc) in Florida (where he used to live until 3 months ago) that his brother has taken for his own!!! Can he do this? He said his Mom (mutual Mother of Jared) wanted him to have them. Isn't my SON supposed to receive these things?? They can't amount to any more than $4000 worth of stuff, but I wanted my son to have his father's belongings.
If my son IS entitled to the belongings, what can I do to get them for him? The things are NOT monetarily worth me getting a lawyer.
Any help???
Thanks all!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">