• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Step daughter lied

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zinger54

What is the name of your state? Ga.
My fiance and her two kids have been living with me for about 10 yrs. three months ago the 17 yr. old daughter decided she would go out in the real world without our consent. Well we fussed and argued with hwe to come home and finally had her arested as a runaway. After spending the night in RYDC she was very angry and still wouldn't come home. she started telling the neighbors that I molested her. By court order we had her in counseling and she told the counselor the same thing . the counselor inturn called DEFACS. they have been hasteling us for about a month untill finally they said that the case had been substantiated. But not for molestation. I have a possesion drug charge in which I have not yet been to court. The DEFACS lady said she was opening the case based on the drug charge. Well the daughter has decided that she has had enough of the real world and is ready to come home. She has aslo admitted to lieing about the molestation. she said that she said all that to get us off her back.So now is a very bad time to be going through all this.My question is " what can I do or should I do?"I mean at this point DEFACS is only making things worse.

Z

zinger54

Yes, I have an attorney thank you. I also have his oppinion already. Anything else?

D

dyinginside

yeah..... Big-buck-tooth-bubba will show you a real good time:eek:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Well, to be perfectly honest either you need to move out, or your girlfriend and her kid(s) need to as she stands to lose custody of her children if she remains with you.

G

grotes

listen to this

my story is like yours except that I am the stepdad and the child has accused the mother. the mother was charged with 13 counts of statutory rape and just got convicted on 2. My lawyer was incompetant and the judge at the end of the trial actually told him that. My point is shop for a lawyer very carefully. jjjjj

R

reggi

step daughter lied

I would have to agree with stealth2, you need to get an attorney and/or work with your present attorney to this. This is just way too involved, especially with the drug charge and now the Department of social services on your case. Best wishes and good luck. I wish I could be of more help. Go and talk to your attorney.

D

dyinginside

Might have been too busy with the step-daughter to make the marriage arrangements?!

Maybe thats why she ran away.

What was said to the daughter in order for her to say she was lying eh?!

Maye you threatened her?

There are two sides to every story, wish I had hers.

I'm sorry but I'm just not buying it.

Last edited:
Molestation Charges

Zinger,
I have a family member that's going through the same thing, the only difference is that they CONVICTED him on her word alone. I would advise you to get an attorney right away, if they throw charges at you, YOU DO NOT want to have a public defender. My brother went through three of them, and the family finally came up with the money for a REAL attorney. I wouldn't wait, if you can retain that attorney IMMEDIATELY.

The situation with my brother is that is was a 14 year old stepdaughter of whom he had custody of. She refused to live with anyone else specially the mother. Again, they convicted him on her word alone. NO OTHER EVIDENCE WAS NEEDED

Z

zinger54

Most all of you have been a great help and I do appreciate the Honesty.This IS a website about advice and help for people who are not familliar with the law. It seems that some people just want throw a wrench in the fan and offer no advice at all. There are websites for that also .

However ,I think some of you have missed the focus point of the advice needed. I will clarify:

I am no longer being investigated for molestation.

These aligations were made by a very angry little girl that thought she didn't need anyone and knew it all.

This woman at DEFACS is opening this investigation simply on the fact that I have a posession charge that I havent even been convicted of .

My attorney and I are certian that this charge will be dropped.

We are not legally married for financial reasons

My stepdaughter has returned home . We are in counseling, and we are getting along just fine.

Screwed up system

It sounds to me like they couldn't get you on the molestation charges so they are going to get what ever they can because they don't want to be wrong.

I hope all works well with you Zinger, you do know that if she wouldn't have recanted her story, you would have been screwed right?

My brother raised this girl from birth, she knew no other father.

Dyinginside,
You seem kind of harsh for not knowing this family inside out. Why do you automatically think this girl was telling the truth? Why did you automatically think the step-father was lying?

These kids are taught in school that they system works for them, and well if they know they can get away with it, they are going to use if to their advantage. No I don't think all kids lie, but you have to go into the history to know whether or not they are lying. Some kids just try and get out of a bad situation they are in, and don't want to face the consequenses of their actions.

And unfortunately here is a guy who has raised the girl as his own, and he got stuck right in the middle of her trauma. You are a bigger person than I would be...(that was to the poster)... I don't think I could have been so forgiving..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">