• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Corrupt Trustee...please help...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MadelynV

I am writing on behalf of my mother because she is absolutely desperate about this issue and does not know where to turn. She and her father were co-trustees of her aunt's living trust, although I believe that he was the primary trustee. The aunt always trusted my mother, but apparently my grandfather and his son just been removed my mother as co-trustee. My great-aunt is still communicable, but seems to be suffering much from senility at this point. It is a very painful matter, but apparently my grandfather and uncle want to take over the entire estate, removing my mother and the other 3 nieces from the picture. According to one letter that my mother recieved, my great-aunt signed off on the document, allowing my uncle to take over...but it is said that she presented a valid driver's license at the time, something that she has not had for years. Immediately after this occurrence, my grandfather and uncle had her removed from the nice home she had been residing in and placed in a very cheap, frankly unsuitable home.

Could anyone advise as to whether my mother has any legal rights at all, or how she might go about researching the matter?

Dandy Don

Your mother may want to consult a trust attorney to find out what her options are. It is possible that the documents recently created have loopholes that can be challenged now and reverse whatever changes have taken place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">