• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does he have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DillonArmstrong

What is the name of your state? I love in Florida, an X friend of mine had bought me a computer under 5 grand, at the time he told me it was a gift, later when I made it clear to him that i only wanted to be friends he said i had to pay for this. I agreed, the bills were coming to me and i paid them with a money order in his name, because the account was in his name, then he changed the bill back to his address, said I would have to see him to make the payment, I said no and offered to give him back the computer, he did not want it, next thing I know Im being served this way outrageous supoena, with all this crazy stuff on it, the computer, a cd, a paper with his phone number just absolutely crazy, anyway...I want to know, can he win this case with no connection, I mean nothing, no contract, nothing in my name at all, no link to me what so ever, I tried to be nice about all this but his obsession is out of control, could you please help me and tell me what I should do thank you

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

DillonArmstrong said:
What is the name of your state? I love in Florida

MY RESPONSE: Hey, I "love" in California. But, from the sound of your post, you do just a bit too much "loving" in Florida.

You should defend against his Complaint against you, and make him prove his case to a judge. For God's sake Girl - - it's only a Small Claims case, not a United State Supreme Court issue!

IAAL

D

DillonArmstrong

re, does he have a case

One of the problems is the case is in a different county from me, three hours away, and its so crazy, yet it is stressing me, i just want to know if he can actually win something like this? with no kind of proof

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: re, does he have a case

DillonArmstrong said:
One of the problems is the case is in a different county from me, three hours away, and its so crazy, yet it is stressing me, i just want to know if he can actually win something like this? with no kind of proof

My response:

First, you've GOT to take a Librium, or a Quaalude, or something, and just calm down! I'm not going to converse with a raving lunatic.

I can't help you with the distance. That's just the nature of the beast. But, when you get to court, you'll find out what, if any, proof he has to show the judge. If he has no proof, and the judge believes your side of the story, then he won't win. It's really as simple as that.

Now, calm down!

IAAL

D

DillonArmstrong

Im not a raving lunatic by far, Im just trying to get some legal advise and thank you for your thoughts

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

DillonArmstrong said:
Im not a raving lunatic by far

=================================

My response:

Well, you just sounded that way in your initial post - - and in your second post. Stay calm. No one is going to harm you. It's just going to be you, him and the judge - - with a big, burly, Bailiff to keep you safe.

He'll tell his side of the story. Then you'll tell your side. Somewhere in the middle of all that, the judge will decide who he believes, and render a decision.

I can't predict an outcome for you. I only have the benefit of your side of the story. Remember, there's always two sides.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">