• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joecarl

What is the name of your state? Tennessee
Business that I am trying to resolve issue with is in Omaha, Nebraska.

I had bought products from this business with a total of $1375.00, paid in April 2003. I have got the run around from this guy since then with no money or product to me. I have papers stating that he owes me the money and receipts for the product purchased. Is there anything I can do without having to travel to Nebraska for small claims court? Would I be able to have the plane ticket to Nebraska reimbursed with the settlement?

The business did have a web site, but now it is down. I have contacted the BBB and a complaint to the FTC over this business today. Would it be worth the hassle to go to small claims court over this?

Thanks for any input.
CW

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

joecarl said:
What is the name of your state? Tennessee
Business that I am trying to resolve issue with is in Omaha, Nebraska.

I had bought products from this business with a total of $1375.00, paid in April 2003. I have got the run around from this guy since then with no money or product to me. I have papers stating that he owes me the money and receipts for the product purchased. Is there anything I can do without having to travel to Nebraska for small claims court? Would I be able to have the plane ticket to Nebraska reimbursed with the settlement?

The business did have a web site, but now it is down. I have contacted the BBB and a complaint to the FTC over this business today. Would it be worth the hassle to go to small claims court over this?

Thanks for any input.
CW

My response:

You didn't say what you're entitled to under the written contract in the event of nonperformance or breach, but one thing is sure - - you're not entitled to reimbursement of your travel expense.

Hopefully, this will teach you a lesson about buying across State lines, and especially, buying from someone or some company that does business on the Internet.

Usually, when something goes wrong with an Internet purchase, the remedy costs much more than the product you bought - - and the seller knows it. That's why people get scammed.

From now on, buy products and services from within your own State, and locally if at all possible, because the jurisdictional problems are a huge headache.

It's purely up to you if you want to pursue this. That's a decision only you can make. But, some people enjoy spending dollars to go after pennies.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">