• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bimbo

What is the name of your state? chicago

my mother passed 2 years ago, she was the sole owner of her home, my dad signed a quit claim deed some years earlier. my mom has 8 children all adults with homes and family with the exception of 3 daughters. before my mother became terminally ill she asked f i wanted the home in chicago, at the time i was living in washington state and told her no. she stated she needed someone to help her with the house. another sister moved in and immediately took out a second mortgage on the home of which the money has not been seen, (30,000) my mother passed without a will. the sister that was living at the home continued to live in the house. this year august i returned home and am residing in the home (paying rent to my sister) i found out yesterday that the mortgage is 3 months past due and the lender is threating foreclosure if past dues are not paid. If there is no will and i wanted to take possesion of the home what is the first and legal recourse. the sister lving at the home is very angry and threated to put me out i said to her that i have every right to live here as long as i wish, is this true? what are my rights?

nextwife

Unless your mother DEEDED the property to your sister SHE could not have put a mortgage against your mom's home, as sis was not the owner. That means mom had participated in the mortgage OR had fully deeded home to sis.

Who has rights to live there? Who legally owns the home? And if someone does not bring the mortage current and fast, the lender will own the home.

B

bimbo

a correction to the new loan, my mother initiated the loan, no other signatures or names are on the deed of trust or the loan

lwpat

You need to go to the probate court and see if anyone has started probate on your mother's estate. If not then someone needs to start the process to become executor. I would think twice before taking the job. The clerks can provide the forms and information on the laws in the state of Chicago.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

What is the name of your state? chicago

====================================

My response:

When the hell did THAT happen?

Yes, you are a "bimbo".

IAAL

B

bimbo

im not quit sure of the exact year chicago became a state maybe 1836 or 37? sorry about that, i apologize to mr. lincoln and the people in the fine state of illinois, but thanks to all of you for your input, as soon as i figure out where i live maybe i will take the needed steps for clarity

B

bimbo

im not quit sure of the exact year chicago became a state maybe 1836 or 37? sorry about that, i apologize to mr. lincoln and the people in the fine state of illinois, but thanks to all of you for your input, as soon as i figure out where i live maybe i will take the needed steps for clarity

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">