• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

She took her car that is in my name...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marcs36

What is the name of your state? Texas She got one of the cars in the divorce yet it is in my name as everything was because she did not work prior to the divorce. She is not making the payments on time for this as well as other accounts so they are calling me. I'm sure this is also showing up on my credit report what can I do legally???

VeronicaGia

You should make the payments to save your credit, keep the proof and file an order to show cause in family court. The creditors don't care what family court ordered, you are the one who is supposed to pay them. But family court will care.

S

Star43

she needs a car if you have children

Of course she need to get her act together, get a job and pay her bills. We signed that I would pay the car loan directly to him, in his name because the loan comes straight out of his paycheck. Then when the loan is paid off the title will be transferred to me. I have been paying, he has his own car and he would not want to take the car away from me and the kids.

If only it was in my name(like all the bills), then I wouldn't have had to put this into the seperation agreement.

It sucks for you that she cannot be more responsible, she will owe you this if you go back to court, she is the one driving the car and that is what my lawyer said, but I had already filed at the time. In the meantime you do need to keep up the payments to protect your credit. good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">