• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brandy0503

What is the name of your state? TX

My boyfriend quit his job to work for his friend as a tow truck driver. The friend paid for everything but the license and insurance was in my name and my boyfriend was the driver. The friends truck had sat for 6 plus years and did not take being driven all the time for the month that we worked. It leaked oil badly and the brakes would barely work. My boyfriend almost hit a few people while towing two different cars. My boyfriend told the friend he needed to get his truck fixed before he could tow anymore but the friend would not fix the truck. The friend called it quits so my boyfriend is out of a job. The friend also quit paying for the insurance which came out of his checking account so they are telling me I owe them over a thousand dollars. Would I be able to take the friend to small claims court to get him to pay the insurance bill?

HomeGuru

brandy0503 said:
What is the name of your state? TX

My boyfriend quit his job to work for his friend as a tow truck driver. The friend paid for everything but the license and insurance was in my name and my boyfriend was the driver. The friends truck had sat for 6 plus years and did not take being driven all the time for the month that we worked. It leaked oil badly and the brakes would barely work. My boyfriend almost hit a few people while towing two different cars. My boyfriend told the friend he needed to get his truck fixed before he could tow anymore but the friend would not fix the truck. The friend called it quits so my boyfriend is out of a job. The friend also quit paying for the insurance which came out of his checking account so they are telling me I owe them over a thousand dollars. Would I be able to take the friend to small claims court to get him to pay the insurance bill?
**A: is there anything in writing?

R

reggi

Do you have to pay for insurance

Brandy,
Unless you have something in writing stating that he is taking care of all the insurance payments, then there is nothing you can really do about it. Just because he is paying for the insurance doesn't mean he is liable to you. Check in your paperwork.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">