• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Big trouble

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

prosubmit

What is the name of your state? OH

Hello,
I am the owner of proSubmit LLC (www.prosubmit.com) vs submitnet.net I was threatened with a leter that i do not understand

Here is exactly what they sent in the mail

We are corporate and IP counsel for submitnet, inc. an Oregon corporation. We have reviewed a recent version of your web advertising, and find it to be a virtual copy of the well established offerings of SubmitNet. We have therefore concluded that you are engaging in a unfair competition and violating the lanham Act and intellectual property rights of submitnet established by the U.S Supreme court in Two Pesos.inc VS. Taco Cabana.inc. 505 U.S. 763 (1992)
Moreover the similarities that you are practicing can only result in the likelihood of confusion, to detriment of the marks, business and goodwill of submitnet.
We must accordingly demand that you immediately desist in your flagrant mimicking of the trade dress, offerings, descriptions and presentation of submitnet. your failure to heed this warning be a grave error on your part.

In plain English? what do you think they are talking about!

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

prosubmit said:
What is the name of your state? OH

Hello,
I am the owner of proSubmit LLC (www.prosubmit.com) vs submitnet.net I was threatened with a leter that i do not understand

Here is exactly what they sent in the mail

We are corporate and IP counsel for submitnet, inc. an Oregon corporation. We have reviewed a recent version of your web advertising, and find it to be a virtual copy of the well established offerings of SubmitNet. We have therefore concluded that you are engaging in a unfair competition and violating the lanham Act and intellectual property rights of submitnet established by the U.S Supreme court in Two Pesos.inc VS. Taco Cabana.inc. 505 U.S. 763 (1992)
Moreover the similarities that you are practicing can only result in the likelihood of confusion, to detriment of the marks, business and goodwill of submitnet.
We must accordingly demand that you immediately desist in your flagrant mimicking of the trade dress, offerings, descriptions and presentation of submitnet. your failure to heed this warning be a grave error on your part.

In plain English? what do you think they are talking about!

My response:

Basically, they're saying to you, "You're pissing us off, pal. You're really pissing us off! Now, cut it out or we're going to cut your heart out and feed it to you!"

How should we know what's in the minds of others? Why don't you communicate with them and ask for specifics?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">