• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who gets the money ??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mmilligan

What is the name of your state? Texas
My neihgbor recently passed away, during the last ten years we have taken care of her from yard work, home repair, auto repair(all free of charge) and most of all just being there. Thanksgiving diners and Christmas diners along with small gifts. She told me several times how she hated her family and she was going to leave everything to my wife and daughter, I would tell her to leave it to the local animal shelter(she loved cats). When she fell deathly ill the vultures showed up (Step Daughter, Niece) one of them actually offerd us 10 to 15K to say we seen them helping her out several times. It wasnt until I was talking to another neighbor that I found out the size of her estate, and got angry that the vultures could get there hands on it after years of neglect.... Do we have any grounds ?????
There is no will !!!!!

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mmilligan said:
What is the name of your state? Texas
My neihgbor recently passed away, during the last ten years we have taken care of her from yard work, home repair, auto repair(all free of charge) and most of all just being there. Thanksgiving diners and Christmas diners along with small gifts. She told me several times how she hated her family and she was going to leave everything to my wife and daughter, I would tell her to leave it to the local animal shelter(she loved cats). When she fell deathly ill the vultures showed up (Step Daughter, Niece) one of them actually offerd us 10 to 15K to say we seen them helping her out several times. It wasnt until I was talking to another neighbor that I found out the size of her estate, and got angry that the vultures could get there hands on it after years of neglect.... Do we have any grounds ?????

My response:

Unless you are named as a beneficiary in the Will, no.

IAAL

Dandy Don

Check at the county courthouse probate court to see if she left a will--if so, you can get a copy of it and see exactly who the beneficiaries were. Let's hope she did get around to actually making one, because so often, many people don't.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">