• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

restraining order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

emotionbeatdown

What is the name of your state? arizona. My wife tried to physically pull me out of our car and I pushed her away from me. Over 20 days later she filed a restraining Order on me stating that she feared for her and our childs life. We had been living together up to this and I found a letter where her boyfriend e-mailed her telling her to file so they could finally be together happily. She filed 5 days later. She has been arrested and charged but not convicted of DV previously and I documented another incident with my work of her abuse. What recourse do I have because this has a big affect on my job? Also, can this help me with my divorce because of her adultery and premeditated actions to be with guy by getting me out of the picture with this Order. I have the e-mail and phone bills to prove of her contact since last year with this guy. Should I file a Restraining Order on her too if she doesn't drop hers, because an Order would have a direct affect on her job also.

HomeGuru

justice2004 said:
Okay, here's what I think.

Good luck and don't ever listen to IAAL.
**A: you got 3 posts to your name lady, and from the start of your very first post have demonstrated that you are a troublemaker.

H

hexeliebe

And not too bright either.

But then, I knew you were online HG so I thought I'd let you handle this one.

HomeGuru

hexeliebe said:
And not too bright either.

But then, I knew you were online HG so I thought I'd let you handle this one.
**A: hexy, I'll give you the pleasure of dealing with justlice2004.

H

hexeliebe

And in the spirit of the season, I'll refrain from reposting to LALa in the 'other' forum...

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

justice2004 said:
You gents done? If so, why don't you help the person on this thread instead of shaking off each other's genitals.

MY RESPONSE: Gee, that was an intelligent retort!

More shwag attorneys with nothing better to do than listen to themselves talk down upon people with very real needs.

MY RESPONSE: Yes, and you're an attorney, right? No, you're just simple "shwag" - - plain and simple.

Neither of you is licensed to practice in Arizona, I'll wager

MY RESPONSE: And, you're not licensed at all, "I'll wager". By the way, where are your references to law when you offer your opinion? Where's your basis for your "legal" advice? Could it be that you don't have any?

If you're as good as IAAL, I hope your clients save their receipts.

MY RESPONSE: And, what State do you hail from? Do you have any background information? Where's your license to practice? How many boxtops did you have to send to General Mills to get your license?

IAAL

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Hey "Justice2004" - - Without any reference to laws in your posts, and without your State name and background information, you are living proof that manure can sprout legs and walk.

IAAL

HomeGuru

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
Hey "Justice2004" - - Without any reference to laws in your posts, and without your State name and background information, you are living proof that manure can sprout legs and walk.

IAAL
**A: and if it carries a bible, we can say holy sh*t.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Well, Justice2004? I'm still waiting . . .

What State do you hail from? Just pick one of 50. Answering this question should be simple for you.

Do you have any background information?

Where's your license to practice? How many boxtops did you have to send to General Mills to get your license?

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

I would not predicate your filing on her not dropping hers. That looks bad. Go immediately and file for one against her. Then open up discussions.
You know Justice, you kept telling everyone to give good advice and some may have started to believe you knew what you were talking about. Until you opened your mouth.

The incident you advised this poster to file the Protection Order on occurred at least 30 days ago. Now, in all that vaulted experience you say you have, what do you think will be the likely response from the police and the courts to such a filing?

Also, in your answer that I quoted above, you suggest this poster begin such a filing, not on the legal strength of the action, but as a barganing chip. Is this how you roll up the billing hours? Filing frivilous actions?

Or do the courts in your area turn a blind eye to manipulation of the system for 'discussions'? If, as you say, you have so much experience, then you'd know that even giving such advice would open you up to sanctions from the Bar Association and the courts.

Also, can this help me with my divorce because of her adultery and premeditated actions to be with guy by getting me out of the picture with this Order."
By the way, your answer to this question was wonderful. So funny it made me laugh. It would take a COMPETENT attorney about five seconds to answer this question.

In the state of Arizona fault divorce not permitted!

Now that wasn't too hard was it?

Poster, at this point you seem to want the divorce as much as she does. Then what's stopping you? Go see an attorney, take the evidence of abuse and the prior-existing relationship with you and get real answers for your state and your situation.

Although the existence of the prior relationship won't be a factor in the divorce, it may help in custody and/or property distribution.

H

hexeliebe

Yes, oh great one, even in PR we get the American Bar Association Opinions.

Now, since you're 75 points above the world in intelligence, maybe you can give us poor decrepit souls a lesson on the meaning of Opinion 90-363 or ER 8.4

And if you have the time or Great Wizzard, how the above two relate to Arizona Opinion 91-07

I'll be waiting with a burrito in one hand and my poor old donkey lead in the other.

H

hexeliebe

sounds like you are enjoying your mental masterbation....

As long as you point the other way I'll just let you embarrasse yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">