• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Two divorces

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

missourimisery

What is the name of your state? Missouri

Havent seen my wife for 8 yrs. And im not sure if we are divorced or not. Can i divorce her or will the court find out if she divorced me in another state, and if i was do i have to abide by that divorce decree. Or can i file as if i was never divorced. No kids no property involved. No mutual bills ect. ect. When filing for divorce does courts cross reference with other states? Or do they go by what information you give them? And does being military make any difference?

gphjr

The military does make a difference. I'm sure that you have been collecting the money for being married?

She may have a claim to some of your retirement whether she has been there or not. Mine was gone 10 yrs before I found her. she didn't get much but something is better then nothing. I don't want to scare you.

You need to find her and file for the divorce. check with Mo maybe you can divorce there if your not a resident. During the divorce you will need to prove that you were not living together. Be very careful though because if the military gets invloved it could get sticky.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">