• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What if I can't get a hold of adoptive parents-Open Adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

confusedbio-mom

What is the name of your state? Guam

The open adoption did not take place in Guam it toke place in Virginia. I am trying to find how I can resume communications with adoptive parents regarding my daughter.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

confusedbio-mom said:
What is the name of your state? Guam

The open adoption did not take place in Guam it toke place in Virginia. I am trying to find how I can resume communications with adoptive parents regarding my daughter.

My response:

How was the "open adoption" set up? Was it by court order, or private agreement? Was it a written agreement or was it verbal?

How long has it been since you last communicated with the child?

IAAL

C

confusedbio-mom

regarding my post

I was 18 @ the time when the open adoption took place. It was handle by the courts of Virgina but the parents (adoptive) live in another state. I have not talked to my daughter from the time I last saw her until present time I still have no contact with adoptive parents.

I would like to know my legal rights about this. It was all written documents pretaining to this adoption.

C

confusedbio-mom

rearding pervious reply.

It was setup private agreement with I believe a family services. I got choose the parents for her. Under the condition that I would still keep in contact with them regarding my child's well being. I never heard from them or got a response by them .

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: regarding my post

confusedbio-mom said:
I was 18 @ the time when the open adoption took place. It was handle by the courts of Virgina but the parents (adoptive) live in another state. I have not talked to my daughter from the time I last saw her until present time I still have no contact with adoptive parents.

I would like to know my legal rights about this. It was all written documents pretaining to this adoption.

My response:

Okay, let's try this one more time - - -

I don't care how old you were then, or how old you are now. I'm asking you how long, in weeks, months or years, it has been since you've seen or spoken to the child.

In the Virginia court orders, does it state the "open" adoption terms? For example, does it state that you are allowed to communicate and/or visit with the child? If so, please tell me exactly what it says. You can quote the exact words from your copy of the court order.

I don't know when it was the "last time" you saw the child. When was that?

IAAL

C

confusedbio-mom

I am 22 now.The last time I have seen her was when I gave birth to her that was the first and the last time that I saw her. After that I have had no contact with my child. It has been about two-three years. I never recieved a copy of the court order but I did read on that order that I the biloagical mother is allowed to have contact with child and adoptive parents. it was a private aggreement that was written and taken to family court in Virginia.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

confusedbio-mom said:
I am 22 now.The last time I have seen her was when I gave birth to her that was the first and the last time that I saw her. After that I have had no contact with my child. It has been about two-three years. I never recieved a copy of the court order but I did read on that order that I the biloagical mother is allowed to have contact with child and adoptive parents. it was a private aggreement that was written and taken to family court in Virginia.

My response:

No one is going to be able to help you until you get a copy of the court order. You're going to need to call the court to find out how to get a copy sent to you. Then, you're going to need to hire a Virginia attorney to determine whether or not you have any enforceable rights under the court orders.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">