• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lifting a protection against violence order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

acsmaine

What is the name of your state? Maine

Hello. Could anyone please tell me the legal ramifications of lifting a PAV order? I am the plaintiff and wish to lift the order I had placed on the defendant. The order is temporary and has not been made final yet. What will happen? Will he be allowed to have his guns back? Also, will there be any permanent record of this against him? Thank you for any information.

D

dyinginside

What will happen? Will he be allowed to have his guns back?

He will probably end up hunting you down and shooting you.
If thats what your interested in and thats what you get off on....hell, have it lifted asap.

I mean you asked for the order in the first place.Must have had a good reason eh?Or just serious issuses.

Think about it.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Depending on the circumstances and ME's laws, you may not be able to lift the order/drop charges. The judicial system takes DV allegations quite seriously for the simple reason that so many people DO get sweet-talked into dropping them.

You apparently had a reason to file for this in the first place - what was it? If what you say happened actually did, then you'd be foolish to drop it. If it didn't actually happen - you could find yourself facing false allegation charges. You need to give this a long, hard thought.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">