• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

first divorce.....reponse to papers served

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dhtiger

texas

I received my divorce papers...it states I must reply within 20 days. I cannot hire an attorney. Can I do this on my own.....and my questioin is.....who am I responding to exactly. Who will read this, the judge that grants our divorce? and his attorney? It was a short marriage, no children, no property to divide. He is asking that I be responsible for a debt. I want him to share the debt. Is this what I need to state in my reply?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

dhtiger said:
texas

I received my divorce papers...it states I must reply within 20 days. I cannot hire an attorney. Can I do this on my own.....and my questioin is.....who am I responding to exactly. Who will read this, the judge that grants our divorce? and his attorney? It was a short marriage, no children, no property to divide. He is asking that I be responsible for a debt. I want him to share the debt. Is this what I need to state in my reply?

My response:

Does "Barnes & Noble" bookstore give you a clue concerning what to do?

Would you like another clue, or does that one answer your question?

IAAL

D

dhtiger

Buy a book that tells you how to respond to your own divorce papers? Anything on the internet about it? Thank you VERY much for your reply.....

C

cyana

Yes... there really are "How to ...books" on divorce

www.divorcesource.com has an extensive list of state-specific divorce law books. Good for simple divorces. Also, check bn.com (Barnes & Noble) or Amazon.com for other divorce books.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">