• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

spouse's attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cortez808

WhWhat is the name of your state? ga. after 8 years of marriage my spouse has moved out and hired an attorney to divorce me. we have 2 kids, 21 acres of land, house that's payed for and one of us works and the other doesn't. instead of divorce papers being served on me,i received a letter from my spouse's attorney stating he had been hired to handle the divorce and either myself or my attorney had 10 days to contact him to go over details in what he hoped would be a quick and uncontested matter. should i meet with him or just go hire an attorney?????

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cortez808 said:
WhWhat is the name of your state? ga. after 8 years of marriage my spouse has moved out and hired an attorney to divorce me. we have 2 kids, 21 acres of land, house that's payed for and one of us works and the other doesn't. instead of divorce papers being served on me,i received a letter from my spouse's attorney stating he had been hired to handle the divorce and either myself or my attorney had 10 days to contact him to go over details in what he hoped would be a quick and uncontested matter. should i meet with him or just go hire an attorney?????

My response:

You shouldn't do either!

Instead, you should spend the next 10 days finding "chat boards" on the Internet and asking ridiculously stupid and vague questions about how you should lead your life. Then, wait for answers.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">