• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

calling HIS attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dhtiger

Texas

I am in the early stages if a divorce. I recently recived "the papers." Can I call HIS attorney to let him know what I want to do.........concerning some of the requests stated in the papers , in hopes that he will talk to my husband, and we can get this settled quickly.

H

hexeliebe

First of all, if you don't have an attorney GET ONE!

I don't give a damn how 'amicable' you two seem to be now, divorce is nasty, PERIOD! And that nice man sitting next to your husband will take all he can. That's his job.

If, after reading this you decide you can do this yourself then no, you do not call HIS attorney. You write an answer to the petition for divorce stipulating to the charges and what you want.

Don't know how to phrase it? Don't know the proper construction? Don't know what I'm talking about.

That's why attorney's are hired. To look out for your interest and to do things right.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Yep, hex is right. Your husband's attorney's job is to get him the best deal he can. Not to be nice to you, negotiate with his client for you, etc.

R

reggi

Get an attorney. I made that mistake and I regret it to this day. My ex's attorney got him everything and the divorce and custody papers are so vague, now I am fighting to get them changed. If you want to spend a lot of time in court, then talk to his attorney, but if I were you and if I could have done it any differently, I would have had an attorney that fought for me not against me. Good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">