• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domestic Violence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

need2

What is the name of your state? Utah. I would like to know the statue of limitations on serious Domestic Violence. The Violence was very violence and person is still having serious medical problems from it.

N

need2

It happened Feb 1998. Has caused fibromyalgia and TMJ. Jaw disk is dislocated etc

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What proof does she have that it was caused by domestic violence, and by the person she claims beat her?

N

need2

Proof

Plenty including witnesses, reports etc. It happen at a resort and he had to be restrained off of her , plus kids witnessed ongoing....he was crack addict, plus she has been under constant medical care, physical theripist, stress manangement, othodontists

N

need2

no court...It happened at a resort in Mexico...we are getting records. She did not pursue...just got divorce. But he is harrassing her constantly...recently got Protective order. Effects of beating are just now causeing great medical problems.

dequeendistress

But he is harrassing her constantly...recently got Protective order
So this has been to court to receive the Protective order then. He is in violation of the order if the above statement is true. This must be reported or nothing will change.

As far as the medical problems, WHY was nothing filed at the time, I just DO NOT understand...Anyway, best of luck in presenting the proof of the injuries and proving that they are due to the beatings. I have TMJ, I also have endured some pretty good licks, but my TMJ was not due to them. I did not know anyone knew the cause of fibromyalgia.
see link below...
http://my.webmd.com/content/healthwise/78/19525?z=1673_00000_0000_rl_02

Maybe another will be of better assistance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">