• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alimony For Disabled Divorcee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

infinevol

What is the name of your state? Michigan
My question is on my mothers behalf. She is a disabled stroke survivor who's only income is her social security benefits. My father divorced her early last year and she was awarded alimony half of his 401K which she received already and half of his pension once he retires and $115 a week (garnished from his check) until my father (Ford Motor Company Employee) turns 62 or retires. In August he went out of disablity or sick leave and never returned to work and on October 31st he turned 62. My mother stopped receiving payments in Augusts and hasn't received any since. Now she is told she has to start legal proceedings all over again to get the money from his pension that she was already awarded? Is this true? Does anyone have any specific knowledge of this or Ford Motor Company practices.
Any advice you can give me will help alot!

vrzirn

It should be fairly simple. Send a "certified" copy of the divorce decree and all the financial agreements that were signed by the judge to the Pension Fund Administrator. Also the QUADRO.

I

infinevol

Great! Now what is the QUADRO?
Is there anyway she can get her back alimony payments from August through Oct 31st?

Last edited:

vrzirn

Qualified Domestic Relations Order.
This should be somewhere in the divorce file. You may obtain a certified copy at the courthouse. They will need the file number. Or, the original should already be on file with the Pension Fund Administrator. The attorney who handled the divorce will also have a copy.
I do not know about the back alimony since he was disabled at the time. You can try but I am sure he will ask the judge for financial relief.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">