• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abandonment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

allhearts

What is the name of your state? NEW YORK

My husband is an illegal alien and he has abandoned me and my child. If the court decides a particular sum of child support and alimony has to be paid by him, is there any way the courts order can be enforced, coz he is untraceable ?

Is it possible for him to get married again, without responding to the courts order, claiming complete ignorance of the court notices and orders ?

Thanking you,

dequeendistress

Is he back in his home country? I doubt they would extradite.

If he is ordered to pay CS or anything else, and he becomes legally employed the state may be able to capture the funds.

Can he get married again: Sure, legally-no, He is married to you legally now?

I don't know what you speak of in regards to ignorning the courts orders...has this been to court?

A

allhearts

allhearts said:
What is the name of your state? NEW YORK

My husband is an illegal alien and he has abandoned me and my child. If the court decides a particular sum of child support and alimony has to be paid by him, is there any way the courts order can be enforced, coz he is untraceable ?

Is it possible for him to get married again, without responding to the courts order, claiming complete ignorance of the court notices and orders ?

Thanking you,

H

hexeliebe

And where is he now? From which country is he? Are we talking about east Timor here or a civilized country?

nextwife

Being illegal, he can't "legally" work here, so I would presume he would have to work for cash, IF he's even still in the US. So, collecting CS would likely be problematic.

And, depending on the country he's from, if he has returned, they may or may not enforce a CS order. The other problem, again, depending on country, is income descrepancy between here and there. A decent wage in some countries is but a percentage of US salaries, so if you did get a percentage of his wages, it may still not be much. I know what wages are in my daughter's birth country, and an order based on wages here would have CS at way more than 100% of income there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">