• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of Limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

need2

What is the name of your state? Utah. My girlfriend was brutally beat up in Mexico by her then Husband. She is suffering incredible pain and problems as a result of this and other beatings. What is the statute of limitations and can it be extended. It will be 6 years in Feb 2004. Her condition is getting worse...

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

need2 said:
What is the name of your state? Utah. My girlfriend was brutally beat up in Mexico by her then Husband. She is suffering incredible pain and problems as a result of this and other beatings. What is the statute of limitations and can it be extended. It will be 6 years in Feb 2004. Her condition is getting worse...

My response:

Your question has nothing to do with Utah. Since the assault and battery occurred in Mexico, any lawsuit must be handled in Mexico.

Additionally, we don't know what the Statute of Limitations would be for such an act in Mexico. Why? Because this site is for United States law, only.

Check with an Abogado (attorney) in Mexico - - but I have a feeling that 6 years is probably over the time limit.

IAAL

N

need2

Mexico

Do you have any idea who we can contact with regard to mexico?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">