• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custody w/adopted child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

smerrill

I live in ohio. here's my problem. i have a friend who gave her child up for adoption when the child was 4. she is 15 now. she was adopted by her aunt and uncle, who have since divorced. as it turns out, adopted mom (aunt) is abusive from time to time and now biological grandparents (biological mom and adopted dad/uncle's parents) would like to take custody. adopted dad/uncle still has custody/visitation rights and since it is his parents who would like to take custody, is there something he can do? what is involved? does child have right to chose since she has known her biological family her whole life? can this be handled without a huge legal mess? please help.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
No, it can't be handled without a big legal mess. Children don't choose where they're going to live. Why doesn't Dad file for custody? He's her father, after all. Otherwise, if she is being abused, the best solution is to call CPS and report the abuse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">