• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Best Way To Pick a Jury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

woodsy

Sorry guys,Hit the wrong button. Anyways we have a small claims case going and the defendant requests a jury trial which we will be picking jan 5th. What is the best way to pick a jury and how is it done in small claims court. Any tips would be helpful. Thanks for any info!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You have GOT to be kidding - - right?

There are BOOKS written on this subject, with many points of views and as many opinions. It's almost a science - - and you think we can tell you the BEST way to select and voir dire a jury on an Internet chat board?

Go to a law library and start reading.

IAAL

W

woodsy

You know I am REALLY sorry I asked as we have never done this before but you always seem to go out of your way to make a person look like an idiot. That is why we come to these boards to get some advice as people are "wet" under the collar. I am not going to a murder trial or anything, I am going to small claims court. I am really sorry I wasted your time and mine and will NEVER post on this board again as I am REALLY sick of your sarcasm.

JETX

"What is the best way to pick a jury and how is it done in small claims court."
*** Most of the time, you don't have the luxury of voir dire in small claims juries. You simply get what is drawn. Your local court rules may be different so you might want to contact the court and ask them.

W

woodsy

Jetx

Thank you for you answer. I appreciate you answering me without any sarcasm. We are NOT lawyers, that is why we come here for information,not put me downs or to make a person look like an idiot.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

woodsy said:
You know I am REALLY sorry I asked as we have never done this before but you always seem to go out of your way to make a person look like an idiot. That is why we come to these boards to get some advice as people are "wet" under the collar. I am not going to a murder trial or anything, I am going to small claims court. I am really sorry I wasted your time and mine and will NEVER post on this board again as I am REALLY sick of your sarcasm.

My response:

There was nothing "sarcastic" about my response to you. I was deadly serious. But, since you've decided that it was sarcastic, and while you're gone from these forums, please obtain some thicker skin.

Remember, there are over 270 Million people in the United States. We won't miss you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">