• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

quitclaim deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sooperscooper

What is the name of your state? Massachussets, Cape Cod

Years ago, my husbands father had indicated that in his will, he would leave his home to both my husband and his sister. There has been a dispute with his sister in the last couple of years and we have become aware that my father in law has filed with the town the following Quitclaim Deed.

I, __________, surviving tenant by the entirety, of ________…in consideration of ($1.00) dollar grant to ____________(my husband's sister)of _________ with Quitclaim Covenants, a certain parcel of land. This transfer subject to a life estate to be retained by the grantor above named. The recording of the death certificate of the grantor will be sufficient to terminate this life estate.

Does this mean that he has given her the land for now and she has rights to it until he dies and upon his death the will is honored, meaning my husband and she split the home as indicated inthe will or does this mean that he gives her the property and title transfers upon his death only to her.

HomeGuru

sooperscooper said:
What is the name of your state? Massachussets, Cape Cod

Years ago, my husbands father had indicated that in his will, he would leave his home to both my husband and his sister. There has been a dispute with his sister in the last couple of years and we have become aware that my father in law has filed with the town the following Quitclaim Deed.

I, __________, surviving tenant by the entirety, of ________…in consideration of ($1.00) dollar grant to ____________(my husband's sister)of _________ with Quitclaim Covenants, a certain parcel of land. This transfer subject to a life estate to be retained by the grantor above named. The recording of the death certificate of the grantor will be sufficient to terminate this life estate.

Does this mean that he has given her the land for now and she has rights to it until he dies and upon his death the will is honored, meaning my husband and she split the home as indicated inthe will or does this mean that he gives her the property and title transfers upon his death only to her.
**A: it means that he deeded the property to her and created a life estate in his favor. It also means that your husband was left out in the cold.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">