• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

attorney conflict of interest?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

garygoldberg

What is the name of your state? Florida

My previous posting stated the following:

(quote)
My aunt recently passed away in florida and named me in her will as the beneficiary of any assets left over after all others have been paid.
My elderly aunt was befriended by her attorney with countless lunches and visits. This attorney drew my aunt's various wills over a period of 8 years. This attorney was left with a sizeable amount of money in the form of a bank account naming her as the beneficiary. Is there a legal or moral problem with an attorney befriending an elderly person, drawing up her wills, and ending up as a beneficiary????
(end quote)

I need to clarify that the attorney was not actually named in the will, but was left this substantial bank account as a surviving beneficiary (outside of the will).

Do I have a legal complaint against this attorney (the state is Florida).

Another question is: There are two co-trustees, what are trustee fees (roughly) in Florida. Do the two trustees share a maximum amount?. (the value of the estate is roughly 700,000)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">