• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being sued

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

annoyedRN

What is the name of your state? Michigan
Because I didn't have a credit rating, an ex of mine helped me buy furniture by using his card. At the time I agreed to pay it off and there was no interest on the purchase for 1 year. Recently, he decided to go back to his wife and kids. We then had to discuss the furniture. He told me 3x to use the money for school and he would take care of it. Since then, he changed his phone number, moved, changed jobs and blocked my email. I was not comfortable with him paying for it but could not talk to him. Now that he and his wife are back together, she convinced him to sue me for the money. He didn't tell her what he said about paying for it. I spoke with her and she said she would drop the suit if I sent them a cheque in full. He can commit perjury and I can still be guilty. What or how should I deal with this?
Thanks

HomeGuru

annoyedRN said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan
Because I didn't have a credit rating, an ex of mine helped me buy furniture by using his card. At the time I agreed to pay it off and there was no interest on the purchase for 1 year. Recently, he decided to go back to his wife and kids. We then had to discuss the furniture. He told me 3x to use the money for school and he would take care of it. Since then, he changed his phone number, moved, changed jobs and blocked my email. I was not comfortable with him paying for it but could not talk to him. Now that he and his wife are back together, she convinced him to sue me for the money. He didn't tell her what he said about paying for it. I spoke with her and she said she would drop the suit if I sent them a cheque in full. He can commit perjury and I can still be guilty. What or how should I deal with this?
Thanks
**A: write that check or fight it out in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">