• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

international partnerships?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

schroedes

What is the name of your state? Kansas

I am in the process of laying the ground work necessary to start a business with a friend of mine who lives in South America. Looking into the different possibilities for business structure, I am confused as to the legality of creating a partnership with a non-resident alien. I have scoured through the IRS website and it from what I have found, it definately seems as though we can do this, however, I want to find the solid business law to support this decision. If someone could steer me in the right direction.

My potential partner is an established and successful business owner, several times over. I have been involved in startups before, but this is my first experience with being a principal.

Thank you

Dave

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">