• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sweetchick

What is the name of your state? ohio,when my husband does adopt my daughter and her bio-father does come foward he he doesnt allow it can we push it for him to sign them up he has never had anything to do with her and i have demostic police reports on for against me and my daughter from when she was 5 months old he broke wooden chairs over my back and hit my daughter in the face with a telephone book and smacked her head of a cabnit door would that help us if he doesnt let my husband go threw with the adoption.

H

hexeliebe

No.

From what little sense I could make from your post, there are very specific grounds to allow a termination of parental rights and you have listed none of them that are allowed in Ohio.

Unless bio father agrees, the TPR won't happen.

cookie57

The following information is directly from my papers filed in Ohio court.

Persons Whose Consent to the Adoption is Not Required

is/are not required because: the parent has failed without justifiable cause to communicate with the minor for a period of at least one year immediately preceding the filing of the adoption petition or the placement of the minor in the home of the petitioner.
AND:
the parent has failed without justifiable cause to provide for the maintenance and support of the minor as required by law or judicial decree for a period of at least one year immediately preceding the filing of the adoption petition or the placement of the minor in the home of the petitioner.

Ohio is a "and" not an "or" state meaning you must have both one year without contact and one year without support.
My ex was sent a letter to consent to the adoption. If he does not sign, then a court date will be scheduled. The court date will determine if there are grounds to do a TPR without consent. If my ex were to show up and fight it, he will be required by law to show proof that the above allegations are false. If he can not do that, the courts have a right to terminate his parental rights without his consent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">