• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Incorporating Advice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JonC

What is the name of your state? NV

I know the topic is kind of lame, but I couldnt find anything to truly describe this thread in as few as 5 words. :)

Myself and a friend have created a number of websites: an online community, an online shopping center; an online property rental agency and an adult content service. We are all professionals who work very closely but completed these projects separately. Our desire is to bring all the sites under one umbrella, so to speak. None of us have any legal training so these thoughts are likely off base, but our desires for this are many:
- protection of the various site names/concepts
- a single entity to receive revenue from the sites
- a single entity to pay the taxes on the revenue
- an entity that can provide some level of protection against legal action involving the sites (being that one is an adult site)
- a corporate umbrella underwhich to add future projects

What sort of status are we seeking here? I've heard that Nevada has some very Corporate-Friendly laws, but I don't know any specifics. Truthfully, I'm just looking for a nudge. When we finally do retain a professional I'll have some idea what he/she is doing for usand why. Thanks for any help!

-JonC

H

hexeliebe

You have a variety of options but look into an LLC first. (Limited Liability Corporation)

H

hexeliebe

It can actually be both a company OR a corporation.

Both are ways to attempt to avoid personal liability by creating a separate legal entity which is recognized as a person under the law. If you choose to limit liability in this way it is important to remember that the mere fact of incorporating the business or forming the limited liability company is not enough. You must hold out for the world to see that they are dealing with a separate entity and cannot reasonably expect personal liability from the owners of the business.

I should have been more specific. :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">