• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Private.Independant Adoption?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AMANDAAK

What is the name of your state? I am in ALASKA and the baby we will be adopting is in Michigan. Is there a way to do this adoption without having to bring lawyers into it? If not can all of the paperwork be done here in Alaska? So when we go to pick the baby up from the hospital in July, all we would need to do is bring the paperwork? Also how much around about figure, will this cost for this adoption? Sorry so many questions. Thanks in advance!:)

nextwife

Under NO circumstances would I ever recommend that a person cut corners on their adoption costs by failing to obtain experienced-in-adoption legal expertise. Every aspect of the adoption needs to be done absolutely correct and you do not want to leave any legal loopholes open in case in the future, biomom. biodad or both should change their mind and seek a way to rescind the adoption (look through the archives to see what I mean). The emotional security and stability of my child's life is worth every penney in legal fees. NOTHING is more important than that. I don't care HOW agreeable the parties seem today, situations change and sometimes bioparents decide that because THEY have finally gotten their act together, they want to overturn the adoption and get "their" child back. Don't be penney wise and pound foolish. It will be one of the best investments in your child's future you can make.

FYI- I have been on several web support lists for adoptive parents for over 5 years, and I have heard some stories that will make your hair curl about overturned adoptions. Take no chances.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">