• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

does he have to pay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dizylizy

What is the name of your state? California
My boyfriend and I have been living together since November of 2000, which at that time he moved out of his house he shared with his wife of 12 years. My question is Is he still responsible for her debts. They are still legally married and neither of them have filed for separation or divorce. Even tho she lives in another state now she occasionally uses a credit card of his to pay a bill and she was never a signer or card holder on that account. Does he have to pay? Any help on what he is liable ofr is greatly appreciated.....thx

VeronicaGia

CA is a community property state, meaning that all debts incurred after the marriage are the responsibility of both parties. Why hasn't he filed yet?

H

hexeliebe

And why the hell hasn't this idiot cancelled the card? Sorry lady, your boyfriend isn't too bright.

He is gonna have to pay, since he is responsible for half. After all, they are married. I am not a lawyer, and I know that.

Not that wise of a move for him, pretty clever for her.

BTW, while you are at it, don't get too comfortable with him either. He traded his previous wife for you, and he didn't even divorce her.... you are either very secure or very needy... lol!

Happy Holidays anyway!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">