• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

withdrawl from frozen bank account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kyoti

What is the name of your state? Texas. at a preliminary divorce hearing the judge ordered mine and my ex-husband's accounts frozen at our bank until the divorce was settled. My attorney contacted the bank immediately and court papers were furnished for the bank. The next morning my ex-husband went to the bank and withdrew all the money and closed the account. is the bank respponsible for paying me my half of the money my ex withdrew?

JETX

"is the bank respponsible for paying me my half of the money my ex withdrew?"
*** Unlikely, but a complete answer would require a review of the documents themselves.

At the very least, his actions could find him in contempt of court. I would suggest you talk with your attorney to see what, if any, action he suggests to recover the improperly withdrawn funds.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">