• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What would this contract be called?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jeremydlong

Hi everyone, I'm a first time user.

I need to surf the web to find a free contract I can modify. I'm wondering what keywords to use.

I have set up a rental agreement between 2 parties. I am entitled to a commision on the business generated by the "Renter". This person has used my "consulting" services in the past and once they obtained the neccesary information went over my head to close the deal.

I want to get a contract signed before I present the final "rental" contract which will entitle me to some compensation if the two parties get together and attempt to exclude me.

What is a contract like this called?
Any suggestions on clauses to include?

Thanks in advance and feel free to email me as I will probably only monitor this post today as I need something by tomorrow.

J

jeremydlong

I thought it might be a "broker" deal.. That is how I wrote myself into the final contract.

What are the general terms/conditions in an "Agent" contract that will protect my interests?

H

hexeliebe

That would take a semester of Law School, Business School and various other exercises to explain. Also, it would take a complete explanation of your situation and frankly, the only reason I answered you is that you said you would do your own work.

I gave you the specific terms. And I know there are hundreds of examples online. Do the search.

J

jeremydlong

That last post wasn't very useful.

Furthermore I doubt I will need to go to law school for a semester to figure out some tecnical way to state that if x person excludes me I'm still entitled to a percentage of the business generated at Y location.

H

hexeliebe

Well then, you didn't need my advice at all.

Viel Spass!

J

jeremydlong

pretend you are a "layman" and type "agency contract" into google. I could surf for hours before finding anything useful.

The last line of my question was: "any suggestions as to what clauses to include?"

If anyone out there can suggest some or direct me to an internet resource that has free examples of agency contracts please do.

Keep in mind that I'm not looking to write a 50 page book but simply a one page agreement that states I am brokering this deal (or acting as agent) and if the deal gets done without me I still get money.

Thanks

J

jeremydlong

rofl

funny joke

Ok I can see I came to the wrong place for help.

Still it's a funny joke. Cuz in reality that all this whole deal is to me..a Santa Clause. I want free gifts from a jolly man cuz I've been good.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">