• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida - permanent RO limits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pithhelmet

What is the name of your state? FL

Hi everyone - i've read the posts about permanent restraining orders - my wife filed one on me <edit> and was granted </edit> for actions that happened quite a while ago (one instance was over ten years ago)
I'm assuming that when she went to her lawyer, she advised her to perform this action - but i'm not sure....

but what i'm worried about is in the long term,
employability(sp) and bondable type things...

do these things drop off your record?
can you get them removed?
are they only applicable to the state that they are drawn on?

thank
tony

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I was hoping someone else would respond, but since not.... Which part of "permanent" is confusing? And yes, this could affect any number of opportunities for you - certainly anything that requires a security clearance.

pithhelmet

ok

I'm sorry - i didn't make the questions of the post perfectly clear,
highlighted
and CAPITALIZED

:D

- so here they are again.

do these things drop off your record?
can you get them removed?
are they only applicable to the state that they are drawn on?

thank you

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
per·ma·nent ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pûrm-nnt)
adj.
Lasting or remaining without essential change; Not expected to change in status, condition, or place: a permanent address

No, I don't believe that they drop off. Can you get them removed? Possibly, but I have no idea how you would do that. Is it state-specific? Your wife may not be able to enforce it in a different state, but I would bet that if (for example) you were trying to become a cop in a different state - it would sure come up on your background check. I know without a doubt that it will come up if you're given a security clearance check by the Feds.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">