• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I encourage my son to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Deb7

What is the name of your state?
What is the name of your state? California

My son cosigned (thinking that this meant saying that his friend is okay for the money, not that he would buy them) some motorcycles for a guy last year and my son ended up with them in his name. The motorcycle company put my sons name on a credit card without my sons consent.
Since then the guy has been dragging my son around... Telling him he will give him the money for them, I will meet you here I will come to your house, excuse after excuse...my son drove 4 or 5 times down to meet him and he hasn’t shown… This guy did pay my son for the first few months, but it has been around a year that he has not, not sure exact. About 4 months after he stopped paying for them we tried to get the motorcycles from him but we could not find them. My son is finally getting worried...

While this guy was paying my son for the motorcycles my son and this guy purchased 200 computers, One hundred for my son and 100 for the other guy. The idea was that this guy would come up to my house and help my son put them together and they would sell them... we put them in a storage place and I paid for it but to expensive so my son, my uncle and I took them out of storage because this guy with “my sons motorcycles” was not helping with the storage fee... So we put them in my garage, they have been there since. My son has sold some of them, maybe fifty now this guy is telling my son that he should get 30 % of the money from the computers that my son has sold.

Should we get a lawyer? Is there something I can should do?
We cannot find the motorcycles to take the police to get them… what do you think?
Thank you for your time. A frazzled Debi7

Last edited:

H

hexeliebe

The first thing you should do is the next time your son even thinks about co-signing anything....Slap the hell out of him.

Next, either file a police report on the motorcycles, hire a repo firm to recover them or take the guy to court for the cost of the motorcycles minus what he has already paid.

And if your son even thinks about ever doing business with this guy again....Slap the hell out of him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">