• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Threats & Intimidation via Divorce Response

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? IL My husband from whom I am seeking a divorce is incarcerated in MO. I filed for divorce nearly two months ago, and listed as grounds 'extreme mental and physical cruelty'. I left the state and disappeared, until I filed for divorce. He is a jailhouse lawyer, and in the response to my petition is asking for the court to provide him with access to all of my medical and psychiatric records-I have been treated for depression, panic attacks, and post traumatic stress disorder. I have other medical conditions as well, but he states that I abuse prescription drugs. None of the drugs I take would be considered close to something for a wild high, plaquenil, lipitor, insulin, zoloft, enbrel, etc. All for heart, diabetes, and rheumatoid arthritis. He goes on to state I am an unfit parent. How? Because I left him?! He wants our daughter removed from my custody and that no family members on either side act as guardian ad litem. I have no idea what this means. He said I am a convicted felon-not true. I have warrants out for my arrest-also not true. I have an improper lane usage ticket, period. There are 50-100 guinea pigs running loose in my house exposing our child to disease. Who believes this stuff?! I have four guinea pigs, and they live in my backyard. He is doing it to threaten and intimidate me, and it is working. I am scared to death of the man. It is my fault he is in prison. Now, I am paying for it in spades. How can I get him to go away quietly? He always said if he ever goes back it will be for murder. Of me. Is what he is doing to me a crime? If so, what and how can I get him prosecuted?

H

hexeliebe

Is what he is doing to me a crime? If so, what and how can I get him prosecuted?
No and No. What it is called is D.I.V.O.R.C.E.

Get over it and let the courts deal with it.

Yes, I have an attorney. He is representing himself pro se. I have the godawful feeling that I am going to need a will once he gets out. He always said I'd never get away...

C

casual observer

Hey Dequeen, what is your deal? Better yet, what are your qualifications to dispense advice to anyone? On any given topic.

From what I have seen, you are quite the bandwagon jumper. Waiting until one of the other "smart azzes" proffers up some worthless nugget of advice, then you chime in with your ramblings.

I have yet to see you answer anyones question directly. Did it ever occur to you, that even though some of the questions posted here may seem idiotic, that to the individual posting, it may actually constitute a crisis to them?

With the exception of cbg and beth3, I have not seen any of you so called resident experts, dispense anything other than drivel. Instead, you sit atop your little internet kingdom, chuckling to yourself about what a witty reply you made to an issue you have no clue to. You are a perfect sample of what a large percentage of shut ins such as yourself have become. Popular in your internet circle of dorks. hiding in the shadows of your work station at home, eating krispy kremes and whining to yourself about how bad the world is.

Why don't you try something constructive, like volunteering in your community, or working towards getting an education in a particular field so you can spout off with some authority, and maybe even garner a little respect for yourself.

Give it a rest, all of you smart azzes. People come here in a legitimate search for help. Your condesending retorts, and "look at how cool I am" crap helps no one.

Sincerely,

the casual observer

dequeendistress

As a survivor of domestic abuse, this is what I felt the poster needed to hear.

I do not have to state my qualifications, nor am I inquiring of yours.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
casual observer said:
Hey Dequeen, what is your deal? Better yet, what are your qualifications to dispense advice to anyone? On any given topic.

Sincerely,

the casual observer
And what's your deal for jumping on one poster? Sure as hell haven't seen any constructive information out of you. So what's YOUR deal? Qualifications to form opinions or judge anyone? On any given topic.

H

hexeliebe

I've had about enough of you. If you want to keep this crap up then you won't be here long.

And yes, that's a promise.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw my attorney, and he said much the same thing. His credibility isn't for squat, considering his situation. I won't deny I am afraid of him, I probably always will be. I read through his papers, and it sounds more like he has been reading a book or articles in a newspaper with all his accusations-I come off like a cross between Courtney Love and Winona Ryder at their worst, neither of which is a good thing. I'd rather have the next two years of freedom than to live in thrall to a tyrant, and such a vengeful, violent one at that. I turned over all his correspondence, and who knew threatening to murder someone via postal mail constituted a federal offense? I guess if you are attorneys, you already did, but it was welcome news to me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">