• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not following decree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rmzahar

What is the name of your state? montana. i have been divorced for 3 yeare ,and my ex. was ordered to pay child support and a consumer credit bill we had. we have joint custody of 2 children, ages 14,15 however i was the custodial parent,a few months ago our 14 year old decided to go live with her father,after that the support was cancelled by the state of montana, unbenounced to me and finding out from family in MT. because i have remarried and moved to colorado my daughter is living with her dads girlfriends mother and not with him. to make things clear my daughter was living with us in CO. and couldnt get along with my new husband so she decided to go live with her dad, in our decree he was to pay the consumer credit balance and has not made any attempt to do so,the bills keep coming and i keep getting further in debt and do not know what to do, just looking for some direction and ideas on where to start. thank you

VeronicaGia

You can file an order to show cause in the state that controls the court order. However, realize he will likely file for custody of both children and child support.

Or, you can pay the bill and then file a civil action against him in small claims court.

O

OnlyOneVoice

my daughter is living with her dads girlfriends mother and not with him
If there is no standing order giving him sole custody of the child then for pete's sakes go get your daughter.

When you do, take a deputy sherriff with you and a camera so that you can photograph where she lived, and all the child's stuff you had to remove from the gf's mothers home as proof that she is NOT residing with her dad.

After you retreive your daughter and her things, hot foot it down to the court house and file a petition for sole custody.

BTW did he "leave" the girl there, or does he claim she's visiting??

If he claim's she's visiting the pictures of all of her things being moved in and out can be evidence to the contrary.

Also if he took her there and left her with no intent to retrieve her, then the courts may consider her abandoned since she was not left with a relative.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">