• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto dealer won't refund ny deposit!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

M.extra

What is the name of your state? NY.......
I tried to purschase a car froma side car dealer. . So i left the $1000 downpayment in cash on the car and signed a contract with them. On the contract it says that no refunding is available so i stressed it to the dude and was told that my deposit "will" be refunded if the credit was denied. So he wrote that into the contract which i have at this time that $900 will be refunded to me if the credit was denied. Its been Three weeks since and i still havent recieved my refunded downpayment. Its going on Christmas and i was really depending on that downpayment. They keep saying how they sent a check out to the Finance company and now they are waiting for the finance company to send them back a check, then they have to wait for the check to clear. Then all they keep saying is i'ma get my money , i'ma get my money.. But when? What can i do and if i can sue them whats the most i can sue for? Basically they spent my deposit on other things in thinking that i was gonna be approved but being that was'nt , i don't think they have the money to give ..:confused:

Last edited:

JETX

"But when?"
*** Of course, we can't answer that question. What does the seller say when you ask them??

"What can i do and if i can sue them whats the most i can sue for?"
*** Of course you could consider a small claims action against them. And the ONLY claim you can make is to the $900 refund that they promised you, plus costs of court.

"Basically they spent my deposit on other things in thinking that i was gonna be approved but being that was'nt , i don't think they have the money to give."
*** And that is more than likely the case. That is why you need to start getting this together NOW. Send them a letter (certified RRR) demanding a refund of the $900 within 5 business days. If they fail to comply, your next step is to go to court.

M

monnickasmommy

Send them a letter (certified RRR) demanding a refund of the $900 within 5 business days. If they fail to comply, your next step is to go to court.

agree with that - send them a cerified copy of the agreement along with it have your small claim court paper ready to be filed

A

advicesucks

Send them a letter (certified RRR) demanding a refund of the $900 within 5 business days. If they fail to comply, your next step is to go to court.

All together now! Dont keep playing these peoples game...

JETX

Sounds like my post got stuck in 'advicesucks' empty head and is being echoed in the emptiness.

:D

H

hexeliebe

NOW I know why he calls himself a lawyer. He's actually a mutant who takes on the form of someone he's like to be but doesn't have the intelligence to actually become.

Kind of like the Swamp thing :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">