• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

domestic violence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kay Dickson

What is the name of your state? Texas

what year was domestic violence recognized in the united states, texas or oklahoma?

H

hexeliebe

Actually, HG it was recognized as far back as the first club hitting the first cavewoman....and the "UGH!" dead thud.

:D

HomeGuru

hexeliebe said:
Actually, HG it was recognized as far back as the first club hitting the first cavewoman....and the "UGH!" dead thud.

:D
**A: and what was the written evidence? Cave drawings?

H

hexeliebe

The 'Adam's Apple'. It's where Eve hit Adam when the apple hit her on the head and she thought it was him 'battering' her.

We've never gotton over that one :(

H

hexeliebe

O.K. I guess that's enough fun. Actually, your question, as innocent as it may seem, would require a semester or more of close study before you can even begin to phatom a guess.

And there have been books, government studies and scholarly papers written on the subject. So, to simply offer an answer would do a disservice to all those victims of domestic violence in the world.

There is however, a very good study of the history not only of Domestic violence in this country, but also of the role of governmental intervention.

David Peterson del Mar, What Trouble I Have Seen: A History of Violence Against Wives, Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1996. Pp. 244 + ix. $39.95 cloth; 16.95 paper (ISBN 0-674-95076-3; 0-674-95078-X).

Check Amazon for the book or ask your local bookstore to order it. I recommend it as a good read. And for the next time you have a homework assignment that you would like this board to answer :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">